Saratoga Snippets: It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
Christmas, and therefore winter, sure seem to be knocking at our door. Here’s what I’m thinking as I cast a wary eye at each falling snowflake:
* This year’s Victorian Streetwalk seemed to be blessed with decent weather, and therefore a good crowd. I always say if you can stay dry you can stay warm, and this year’s festivities was accompanied by brisk – but precipitation free – weather. The Streetwalk is another one of those events that reminds me why I live here and commute a combined hour and a half each day to Albany.
* I noticed in the Saratogian’s online edition that Gaffney’s Restaurant, which just recently celebrated thirty years in business, is now offering breakfast, lunch – and wifi even. Well, good for John Baker and his staff for finding ways to get customers in the door.
* I have to get to G. Willikers soon – I love their window displays this time of the year.
* I don’t see a whole lot of social media action from the Inn at Saratoga, but I saw that the restaurant and hotel is holding a “romance package giveaway contest” on its Facebook page. I see some Saratoga establishments being very active on social media, and some that simply aren’t. I don’t know if I’d classify social media presence as an absolute must for restaurants and other hospitality related establishments, but for many, who seem to be suffering for customers, I wonder why they aren’t more active on Facebook, Twitter, and the like.
Around and about:
* Don’t forget Saratoga County Restaurant Week starts today.
* Capriccio Saratoga has some “Wicked cool” offerings, including a free pizza during the month of December.
* Click here to find out about Maestro’s at the Van Dam December events.
* The Farmers Market is bustling any time of the year. Here is their latest newsletter
* The Saratoga Regional YMCA’s newsletter can be found here
OK folks, that’s it for now; have a great weekend.
ON THE WIRE